Applying for a School Place
Admissions to the school are processed by the Local Authority as part of the Derbyshire Coordinated Admissions Scheme. You will find guidance about application dates and access to online application forms for primary school places on the link above. Applications can also be made via post or over the phone.
The Published Admissions Number (PAN) for the school is 60 pupils.
Admissions for 2023/2024
For admissions in September 2023/24:
- The application round opens on 7th November 2022 and closes on 15 January 2023
- The offer date for the September 2023 intake is 17th April 2023 (National Offer Day)
Admissions Arrangements and Oversubscription Criteria
- Admission Arrangements Policy 2023/24 (see below)
- Link to Catchment Area
- School Admissions Code 2021
- Summer Born Children
Admissions for 2022/23
- If you would like to make an in-year admission to move or change schools, please contact the Local Authority at any point in the year on the link above.
If your child has been refused a place and you would like to appeal against the decision, please see below further information on making an appeal.
In-year Admissions Only 2022/23
- If your appeal relates to an in-year admission you should submit your appeal within 28 days of being told that your application was unsuccessful.
2023/24 Application Round
- If your appeal is for a child transferring to a Junior School or starting an Infant or Primary School in September 2023 and you are told of the decision on 17th April 2023 (National Offer Day), you should submit your appeal by 17th May 2023.
- If you are told of an Infant, Junior or Primary decision after 17th April 2023 or it relates to an in-year admission, you should submit your appeal within 28 days of being told that your application was unsuccessful.
How to Appeal
- Your appeal, once submitted, will be forwarded to an Independent Clerk and a date will be agreed for the hearing to take place within the mandatory guidelines. Your appeal should be sent to email@example.com using the form below and you will receive acknowledgement that the appeal has been received, update on the situation and contact details for the Appeals Clerk who will manage your appeal and keep you informed of progress, date and outcomes. Appeals will be held in line with the DfE’s School Admission Appeals Code (October 2022)
Appeals Timetable 2023/24:
National Offer Day – 17 April. Appeals to be made within 28 days and all appeals will be heard within 40 days during June and July.
If you are interested in a Nursery Place, please contact the School Office on 0115 9732846 who will; ask you to complete a Register of Interest Form. You will then be contacted by our Nursery Staff when a place becomes available.