- 0115 973 2846
At Brooklands our values are central to everything that we do. Together, the children and staff have identified our Brooklands Values which, as a school, we all agree to abide by.
We are a school where we believe everyone should ‘shine’. Throughout the school, there are signs which remind us that by sticking to our values we shine every day.
All of our children are very proud to wear the Brooklands uniform. The school tie represents our principles and demonstrates our commitment and belief in our values system. At the end of their Reception year, children are presented with their Brooklands tie in a special assembly. The children know that by wearing the ties they are showing the adults and each other that they will adhere to our values. Should a child not be able to show our values then they understand that they will be asked to remove their tie and then earn back the right to wear it again, through demonstrating our school values.
As well as our school values we have great ambition for our school. We are committed to our school being at the heart of the school community. Local groups use our site and we regularly invite local businesses into school to promote aspirations and to give the children a wider sense of community.
We are proud of Brooklands and of our thriving school community. Our shared vision for our school compliments our values and ensures we are all focused on making Brooklands a place where everyone ‘shines’.
Brooklands Primary School:
- At the heart of our community, locally, nationally and globally.
- A safe, secure and nurturing environment.
- A place of respect where all people, cultures and beliefs are valued equally.
- Proud of our local heritage and the community we serve.
- Expectations for positive behaviour and levels of achievement and progress are high.
- Teaching and learning is innovative and creative; there is an expectation of lifelong learning for everyone so that there is constant development in order to achieve high standards and success.
- Preparing our children to become effective and independent citizens, aware of their part in today’s and tomorrow’s society.
To see how Spiritual, Moral, Social, and Cultural Development permeates at Brooklands Primary School, please click here.